Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow...One day I'll make it out

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Les Apparences Peuvent Etre Trompeuses

My name is Annie Tedga, and I am a 4th year med student from the American University of the Caribbean (AUC). I was on a bus from Philly (where I had just taken my CS exam) when I began pondering over a few things: what do I represent? Do people really know what I've been up to? Well, I happen to have a busy fcbk account, and sthg I've learnt is that what you see is what you get. Obviously, my fcbk account is highly geared at showing the glamorous side of me...the pics are photoshopped, the poems are edited and the friends are selected. This time I wanted to share the experience unplugged. The real me...raw and uncut!!!
So that's how I decided to start a blog. It would be about my journey through med school (since that's pretty much all I've done for the past 5 years). No more hide n seek with the financial problems-and there've been many. I'm gonna talk about my brutal living situations in New York, the scarce meals, how friends let me down and others took me in. How life can be a mess if you let it, and most especially, how God has always been there for me. I'm gonna spill all the beans!!!
I hope you enjoy my story, and give me the necessary feedback as I embark on this adventure.

Yours truly,
AT 

12 comments:

  1. Great girl I enjoyed your post keep it up.CHECK my blog www.imhild.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! Dont I admire your guts.....identify with you.Love u for spilling.Hoping to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot Etons. It takes a strong sister to see another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - thats great annie! Love reading your adventures. Godd luck with everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. subscribing! :)
    Yeah facebook has a way of making it seem like every is blissfully happy. I'm always like...christ! am i the only one hustling and on the edge of a nervous breakdown? People don't realize that when you share the hard times,it inspires people. They learn that YES it is hard BUT DOABLE.
    Looking forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i probably already know about all this but who knows i might find out that my sister has a secret child or something like that. put it all on the table baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. True talk, sista! Love, love ,love your blog gurl. Didn't know u had one till today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aza booboo, my honey love, how have u been? Thanks for reading. Hope thgs r good on ur end. Much love

      Delete
  8. Hey Annie its David please send me an email! davidfromberg@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting...
    My favorite quote: 'When life knocks you to your knees, well, that's a great position to pray in anyways.'
    Tortoise shell a go go. I know I'll enjoy this from you Annie. And kudos on every step.

    ReplyDelete