Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow...One day I'll make it out

Monday, October 10, 2011

Who Were The Sisters???

I'll talk about The Sisters. The Girls: Care-bear and Nucci! The only girls waltzing around my class with Juicy Couture Daydreamer totes. 
All hail the sisters for their class. Nucci was the spoilt brat with the big heart. Daddy's little star. The girl with the shopping past-time. Yet the sweetest girl ever! Hell of a fashionista. Could have been a designer, but chose to be a Doctor.
Care bear, the 8th world wonder...so loving and tender. Our middle ground. The big sister I never had. Too patient, too caring, too rational. My friend. My role model.

Both were known for their fashion style. And their good manners. But most were intrigued by the insights. Were they really born in a royal palace? Rumors had it they were heiresses in a distant Igboland. The Nigerians Girls were ones to decipher. A complete mystery to their classmates. Never made it out to dinners. So I decided to bridge the gap. I was tired of waving at the LV bags so I introduced myself. We happened to be by a restaurant so we ordered Pad Thai. Or inferno chicken wings. The Girls were mad cool. And we were so similar. I became their study partner and melodrama. 
You see the Bride???


The Nigerian sisters. My sisters. A great deal of laughter we've shared. And a tsunami of frustrations. But with 3 big heads (and Nucci's forehead), nothing was too tough to bear. So we walked up the steep hills of Step misery, New York leases, life-threatening diagnoses and Visa mixes. It wasn't easy but we made it worth the journey.  
Cheers to Nucci and Care-bear...who are not twin sisters. And not from a royal family either. That was AUC gossip. Perhaps fabricated by me.
Don't be fooled by their looks...crooks!
PS this is NOT a Nigerian dating site. I don't have their numbers abeg!!! 


4 comments: