Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow...One day I'll make it out

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Travels within travels

St Maarten is beautiful...and so is the culture, the people and the lifestyle. But I still had venture out some. A little curiosity is good for the soul.
A)First stop - the island of Anguilla. We found about the "Seafood Festival", which was suppose to be a huge culinary event...or so we thought.
Anguilla 



B)I got to visit Riri's country-BARBADOS!
At this point, not sure what intrigued me
the most: the houses or why on earth these
people drove on the wrong side of the road? 



St John's, Antigua & Barbuda


Perhaps we didn't make it to the big event. However, we did have some pretty amazing seafood. Of course, I'm allergic to shellfish. So my classmates thought they could kill my spirits by shoving me some shrimp, lobster and crab meat. But when I pounced on the shark stew, I showed them WHO'S BOSS!!!


Barbados (RiRi)
C)Somehow I managed to make it to Antigua and Barbuda :)))))
Antigua & Barbuda
Turns out my flight from Barbados to St Maarten was cancelled. And what that means in the Caribbean is: we have no idea when you folks are going home, but we're working on it (welcome to the Carribiiiaaaaaaan, mahn!!!)
Since I had just finished my exams I could care less what was going on. In fact, I told them to take your time...as long as the hotel and food were on their tab.






D) Let me tell you about Pinel Island, which is a 5min boat ride from the French Cul-de-Sac (Cul de what???) So my med school PIC (partner in crime) and I decided to try the infamous bikini wax! Having heard the horror stories, there's no way I was going through that kind of torture in this 21st century so I was def gonna cheat. With vodka!!! We were both gonna do shots, and then our girlfriend would drive us to our appts. The perfect plan except I had already cheated another way: I shaved! Less hair to yank less the pain, yah? Right, but I had cleaned it out so well there was nothing left. I had to re-schedule. And so did my PIC, because she did the same thing lol. A bunch of cheats. We left disappointed or excited-I can't tell, but decidedly, we could still wear bikinis (I mean we were hairless!). So we found out about Pinel and headed there.

Pinel Island


What a beautiful place! What a beautiful Sunday!
During my last semester, some friends and I decided to explore the island. You have no idea what we found!

Don't I look happy
August Monday (Anguilla)


I made one last trip to Anguilla for their independence day- August Monday (1st Monday of  August). 
Amongst all my voyages, this must have been the best. Won't go into the details. I will, however, leave you with a taste of Caribbean sweetness. 
Be well, my friends!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! u kept me salty, shelled & sandy. Great pics too especially the "bikini trio". this is life! BeautyFull life !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thks dear. I take it as a compliment :) Don't we owe it to ourselves to live life to the fullest???

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol,sea food festival reminds me of when we used to eat fish together.....Lucy one bite Annie 5....Lucy 2nd bite Annie.....umm what happened to the fish Annie??????? lol, good times

    ReplyDelete
  4. all so lovely....wish i had been there....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lucy Liu. Graduation is next year by God's grace. Start saving for your ticket :)

    ReplyDelete