Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow...One day I'll make it out

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Grand Finale



However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my aim is to finish the race and complete the task... (Acts 20: 24)


When I opened my eyes this morning, it was dark. Very dark. Yet I knew it was time to wake up because my alarm had gone off...twice. I rolled my eyes and sighed. Still very tired. And when I regained all my reasoning faculties-yes, fully functional alas-it struck me that today was only Tuesday. Wait a minute, Tuesday!!! I rolled over again, denying reality its fate. Refusing to get up, I re-adjusted my posture. Ignoring the tic-toc, louder by the second.


Yet I knew it was a lost cause. I could only linger for so long. And so I got up! Made it to the morning lecture at the hospital, and for the first time in a long time, heard my body yearn for that poison. Where is the caffeine? Body dragging, mind lagging and speech slurring...my worse nightmare. Where is the caffeine?


I'm so close...yet so tired. The hardest thing I'm yet to have done is bear a child, but for now med school comes close. I'm never turning the hands of time. Yet it went by so fast. Am I missing four years of my life? There goes the soon-to-be grad, still feeling like a UMBC senior. It still hasn't hit me; maybe that's why I don't get it. But now, I need to finish this race; I need my wing-man. I need the strongest coffee you've got coz I can't be late for my Grand Finale!!! 




End of med school: T minus 10 days...


No comments:

Post a Comment